Wednesday 9 March 2011

olive oil?!?!?!

So iv heard from a reliable source that olive oil is amazing for your hair/skin/nails and pretty much everything else u have a problem with on your body!
As a recovering spotty i'm very dubious about slathering olive oil on my fave but i'm going to give it a go! hopefully nothing too bad will happen *gulps*
I thought id start with something thats not gonna be too potentially disastrous and use it in my hair
Iv been to Soho road in Birmingham today ( if you want to get beautified and not spend loads then go here! eyebrow threading starting at £2!!! thats 4 times less than in town center threading bars! and i get my nails done for £20...but thats for a later post) and picked up some olive oil from one of the Caribbean beauty shops. At 99p for a little bottle you cant say no! 
I got home and promptly Googled 'olive oil for hair' and 'olive oil for skin' and the stuff i read was pretty surprising! Olive oil applied as a hair mask is meant to repair split ends and give u healthy hair! Got to give this ago!
Also, people who had previously suffered from acne and bad skin have all preached about the miracle that is olive oil! its meant to clean your skin up, get rid of all your black heads and stop you getting spots again!
So because of this snooping i am currently sat in my kitchen with olive oil on my head, with a bonce covered in cling film!
I warmed a glug of oil (depending on the thickness/ length of your hair) in the microwave for 30 seconds and then promptly applied it all over my hair (keep it away from roots of your hairs naturally greasy) and then wrapped my head in cling film.
The heat from your head gets trapped and warms up your hair which opens the follicals and gets the treatment deeper into the hair shaft.
Your meant to leave it for a minimum of an hour and i left mine on for four hours and my hair feels amazing! smooth and soft but not flat!
(1 week later)
Its been a weeks since i used the oil and my hair is alot less dry, so much so i dont have to straighten it any more! Im definatly gonna try this again!
<3



1 comment:

  1. :) That's my girl. Your beauty tips are always welcome with me! xx <3

    ReplyDelete